Sunday, April 14, 2013

Plastic Keytop Replacement

If you are ever interested in having your old piano keytops replaced, I would be more than happy to give you an estimate just contact me through my website.

Below: This was a picture of the piano before any work was done on it.


Below: This is where I was removing the keys from the piano.


Below: This picture shows all of the keys removed, I removed the keytops from each key and prepared the wood for application of the new plastic keytops.


Below: I started replacing the keys back into the piano with the new plastic keytops. I hand file all of my new plastic keytops for precision fitting.


Below: This picture shows the completed keytop replacement with the new plastic keytops.


Below: These pictures show the completed piano restored with a new paint job, also added 4 appliqués to enhance giving the piano a new character.





No comments:

Post a Comment